Customer Care Standards
Our approach is to get things right first time. We are committed to providing the highest quality service, delivered responsively and cost-effectively by well informed professionals who take pride in what they do.
- Seek to understand the requirements of our clients and their business
- Always ensure the strict privacy and confidentiality of our clients or potential clients
- Ensure that clients are treated courteously and promptly
- Encourage our staff members to act politely, friendly and helpfully in dealing with your enquiry
- Ensure that you are always told the name of the person taking responsibility for dealing with your enquiry or problem. All major issues will be dealt with by a Manager of the company
- Admit and rectify immediately any errors caused by ITHealth or its partners
- Publish our opening times, contact details and telephone numbers
- Invite feedback from clients
- Monitor and evaluate feedback and review our services in the light of client feedback
- Deal with complaints efficiently and effectively and put things right as soon as possible
- Advise clients of our level of service in terms of appropriate response times for telephone or written communications including faxing and email
ITHealth provide quality IT Security solutions. By understanding our Client’s business needs, we propose and provide a technology solution to suit.
This quality policy is based on our core principle to deliver outstanding results for customers. In support of this policy, specific individual objectives are established for all staff. We continue to look for new and improved ways to do things. We approach all relationships with a win-win attitude and believe that mutually open, honest and timely communications build trust, which is essential for long-term relationships.
All staff at ITHealth are committed to continually improving the Company’s quality and performance.
ITHealth is fully committed to the principals of ISO 14001.
ITHealth is a leading reseller of IT Security Solutions. The products we supply are ergonomically safe and we uphold the principles of disposing of IT equipment securely and in accordance with the EC Directive on Waste, Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
ITHealth recognises its responsibility as an organisation towards the short and long term impacts of its business in relation to the environment, both locally and globally. The Company has made a commitment to improve its environmental performance.
In order to strive toward this goal we will:
- Aim to reduce any negative impacts of the company by maintaining control of significant environmental aspects of its activities adopting waste reduction and recycling practices wherever practical
- Recognise our responsibility to properly manage redundant and obsolete equipment, we will endeavour to have electronic and electrical equipment re-used or recycled in preference to disposal
- Use energy efficient equipment where available and financially viable
- Investigate ways of minimising energy consumption
- Ensure that the environmental statement and policy is reviewed to ensure sound environmental practice and achieve continual improvement
- Maintain up to date knowledge of and ensuring the company’s compliance with relevant environmental legislation and guidance and aim to follow best industrial practice
- Provide employees with information, instruction and training to enable them to control the impacts of their activities on the environment
- Implement adequate maintenance of equipment and installations
- Co-operate with customers and other interested parties on environmental issues
By browsing and using this Web Site you agree to this policy governing your use of this Web Site. If you do not accept this policy, you must not use this Web Site.
Information we collect
If you request information from www.ithealth.co.uk through our on-line contact forms, we ask for and store the business-related information you provide (such as name, email, company profile, etc.) to assist us in responding to your request. This information is used for business contacts only.
If you apply for a job at ITHealth we request information about you. This information is used for employment consideration only. Unless you request otherwise, we will keep the information for future consideration.
Cookies are also used to prefill forms so that you do not need to re-enter the data, for example when you apply for a job online. Accepting a cookie does not give us access to your computer or any personal information about you. We may use the aggregate data to provide feedback to our web designers, content providers or business managers to assist them in improving our web site and services offered.
Use of your information
You agree that we may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with our services and ancillary services and for our internal business purposes.
Your privacy preferences and opting out
At www.ithealth.co.uk you can sign up to receive ITHealth Email Alerts that interest you, such as the latest ITHealth newsletter. We only offer “opt-in” lists so you can sign-up or sign-out at any time. To unsubscribe, simply reply to the email address on the bottom of every email we send you.
Links to other web sites
We may monitor and keep records of email communications which you send to us and other communications with you in accordance with this policy and our other business interests.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our websites. However, we use all reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use.
In addition to our safeguards your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 2018. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully and should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. Please help us to keep your personal information accurate by updating your registration details on this Web Site. For more information on the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner please see www.ico.org.uk.